Intermediate - Senior Accountant
This is a boutique chartered accounting practice dedicated to meeting the needs of business owners and investors. The practice concentrates on small to medium sized businesses and also looks after the tax and financial affairs of the owners of those businesses. It is an ideal learning environment for those accountants who want an opportunity to assist further with their client's businesses than traditional public practice accounting roles typically allow by providing the challenges and responsibilities of a commercial accountant across a select number of clients.
This position offers excellent on the job training and supervision from experienced Managers and Directors in a dynamic open plan environment plus offers hands on experience directly with clients. The role will help the candidate develop both traditional public practice business services skills as well as management accounting skills typically demanded in commerce.
The owners of the practice are both former partners of mid-tier CBD based firm before relocating their core client group and team members into the inner city fringe for the benefit of staff and clients alike. Hours are typically 8.30 to 5pm Monday to Friday and the office is located in Milton.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of financial statements and income tax returns for businesses and their owners
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounting reports for bank covenant purposes and financial scorecards for discussion with the business owners
- Support the Managers and Directors in the delivery of regular client meetings
- Assist clients with cloud accounting support and implement new accounting systems into client businesses.
- Preparation of oral and written taxation advice for presentation to clients
- Provide taxation and accounting support to CFO's and Financial accountants within our client businesses.
- Partial or full completion of ICAA Chartered Accountants Program or CPA Professional Studies
- At least 18 months to 6 years experience in either a public practice or commercial accounting role.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of commercial accounting packages such as MYOB, Quickbooks and Xero.
The firm has a strong reputation for providing a highly personalised service for its clients and protecting the welfare of our clients is a strong value that must be held by any candidate. Previous leadership roles in either community service areas or work environments are a definite advantage. You should be able to work in a small team and demonstrate flexibility when carrying out your duties. Naturally you are an excellent communicator and feel comfortable with client queries and attending client premises.
If you have the relevant experience and suitable background for this role, we would be pleased to receive your resume today.