- Large mid-tier firm with National Presence
- Located in the heart of Brisbane CBD
- Extensive training and development
Outstanding position for an Audit Senior to join a strong and successful team in a well known and established accounting firm with exceptional career growth opportunities.
Who are they ?
The firm is a part of a national association of full service accounting, audit and advisory firms, with a focuses on the middle market. Their Brisbane Audit practice services a diverse and interesting client base including ASX listed companies in a broad range of industry sectors including Mining, Technology, Financial Services, Property, Education, Health and Not for Profit.
What's the role ?
Reporting to the Audit Managers, you will be responsible for planning audit engagements, supervising junior audit staff and ensuring outcomes exceed internal quality and Australian Audit Standards.
The breadth of the practice will enable your career development, you will be exposed to quality clients and benefit from a positive work culture.
The successful applicant will:
- Liaising with clients to understand and deliver on client needs, including audit requirements and accounting queries
- Supervising, coaching and review of junior audit staff
- Preparation of job budgets for audit engagements
- Conducting and documenting audit completion procedures
- Drafting letter's and report's to the audit committee / board of directors
- Reviewing /preparing statutory financial statements prepared under IFRS and relevant regulations
- Preparing the audit opinion over the financial statements under relevant regulations
- Completion of other assurance engagements as they arise
- Contribution to the team environment and enabling teams to navigate audit peak periods
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 3+ years' experience in a professional external audit environment
- Demonstrated commercial and client focus
- Exceptional client skills, including building authentic relationships with outcomes, proactively managing client expectations and the assurance engagement
- Established assurance/audit skills and an understanding of audit techniques and methods
- An understanding of IFRS or Australian Accounting Standards (AASB), Australian Auditing Standards (ASA) and relevant legislation applicable to assurance engagements
- Refined ability to manage multiple deadlines with flexibility as client and team needs shift
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially the Microsoft
- Degree qualified
- CA / CPA qualified or near completion
- Salary and career progression opportunities are excellent.
- Excellent growth opportunities available
- Time in lieu available
- Training and development opportunities.
To be considered for this great opportunity please contact Scott Smith on 0427 566 428 or firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply via the link.